Here are a few ways you can protect your feet at work:
- Wear the right shoes – Your shoes help support you and absorb some pressure. Choose styles with cushioning and arch support.
- Use orthotics if you need them – Sometimes shoes are not enough. Custom orthotics can add support as well as extra padding under your feet.
- Stretch and exercise your feet – Stretch and strengthen your feet to help relax tightened muscles and make them stronger, so they can handle the pressure.
- Change positions and rest when you can – Make time to sit down and rest your feet for a bit. Change positions and move around when you can, particularly if you normally stand in one place.
- Pamper your feet at home – When you get home, make time for a foot soak, a massage, or just generally putting your feet up to give them a break.
Working feet are under a lot of stress. Hours and hours of standing and walking take their toll. Protecting your feet is the best way to keep them healthy and help you avoid pain on the job. Don’t wait until you’re struggling at work to invest in your lower limbs. Let our team with Mitchell Wachtel, DPM help you take care of your working feet. Contact our offices in North Andover, Lowell, or Haverhill, MA, online today for more information. You can also call (978) 794-8406.